Make-up & Proctored Testing
Giving a test at the Teaching & Learning Center
Instructors may bring the the TLC a hard copy of the test to be given to the student or they may email the test and the instrutor makeup test form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, a copy of any instructions or special considerations which the student / test supervisor should be aware of in the administration of the test should be brought or emailed to the TLC.
Computerized scoring bubble sheets, envelopes, a calendar, as well as envelope seals and the test submission form are available at the Teaching and Learning Center.
Do not bring answer keys or master computerized score sheets to the TLC.
- Check with your instructor to make sure that you can take your test in the Teaching and Learning Center.
- Contact the Teaching and Learning Center via telephone to schedule an appointment for your test
- Show up at least 15 Minutes prior to the start time of your test.
- Bring at least one form of Photo ID (acceptable ID includes State ID's or Driver's License), and must have Student BGSU ID
- You will be asked to review the test packet and sign for the test
- When completed, the test must be returned to the test administrator / supervisor on duty in the Teaching and Learning Center.
A test administrator / supervisor is authorized to dismiss you from a test session and / or your test may be canceled by the TLC for actions such as, but not limited to, the following:
- attempting to take the test for someone else or having someone else take the test for you.
- failing to provide acceptable identification.
- obtaining improper access to the test, a part of the test, or information about the test.
- using a telephone or cellular phone during the test session or during breaks.
- using any aids in connection with the test which have not been approved by the instructor. These include items such as: mechanical pencils, pens, pagers, beepers, calculators, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, rulers, highlighter pens, stereos or radios with headphones, telephones, cell phones, watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), stop watches, dictionaries, translators, and any hand-held electronic or photographic devices.
- creating a disturbance (Disruptive behavior in any form will not be tolerated; the test administrator / supervisor has sole discretion in determining what constitutes disruptive behavior.)
- attempting to give or receive assistance - or otherwise communicate in any manner with another person about the content of the test during the administration, during breaks, or after the test.
- removing or attempting to remove test content from the TLC.
- Under no circumstances may test content or any part of the test content be removed, reproduced, and / or disclosed by any means (e.g., hard copy, verbally, electronically) to any person or entity.
- bringing food, drink, or tobacco into the TLC.
- leaving the TLC without permission.
- failing to follow any of the test administration regulations here, those given by the test administrator / supervisor, or specified in any test materials.
The Teaching and Learning Center reserves the right to take all action including, but not limited to, barring students from future testing and/or canceling one's test for failure to comply with test administration regulations or the test administrator or supervisor’s directions. If one's test is canceled, one's instructor and the Office of the Associate Dean will be notified as to the reason.
Updated: 08/30/2021 03:34PM