Firelands College Theatre
Did you know there was a theatre on the BGSU Firelands campus? There is! McBride Auditorium in the North Building is open and waiting for you!
Whether you are interested in performing or prefer to remain out of the spotlight, the Firelands College Theatre program at BGSU Firelands offers numerous ways for people to get involved both on and off stage. There are a variety of theatre courses such as, The Theatre Experience, Acting Principles, Exploring Cultural Diversity Through Performance, Basic Scenic Construction and Painting, Lighting and Sound, Performance Studies, and Directing. Students also have the opportunity to earn credit by performing in productions as well as working in the scene shop or on a stage crew. Whatever your passion, there is something just right for you!
About the program:
- BGSU Firelands is the only Ohio regional, branch campus of a university with a Guest Artist Program and a Resident Youth Theatre Program – Caryl Crane Youth Theatre.
- Between Firelands College Theatre and Caryl Crane Youth Theatre, we produce several major productions each year. Students play an integral role in every aspect of production.
- Firelands College Theatre welcomes high school students through the PSEOP program, and non-traditional students to theatre courses and stage productions.
- You can complete 2 years of your Theatre major/minor at BGSU Firelands, and several of our courses fulfill BG Perspective requirements.
- Through a unique partnership with the Sandusky State Theatre and Terra State Community College, BGSU Firelands theatre students have the opportunity to earn credit while participating in productions at the State Theatre.
- Our scene shop is open Monday-Friday from 1 – 5 pm. Stop by and see students at work.
- Join the Student Theatre Guild and get to know other theatre students.
Position: Technical Director
Address: One University Drive
1012 Ceder Point Center
Huron, OH 44839
Mr. Gilmore received his M.A. degree from BGSU in the area of scenic design. He taught theatre technology at Findlay University as a graduate student. He has designed productions for the Huron Playhouse, the Firelands College Theatre, and for Caryl Crane Youth Theatre. His design credits include: Once Upon A Mattress, Babes In Arms, Tender Times, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, Yankee Doodle, The Lion Who Wouldn't, and Raggedy Ann & Andy. He performed in the title role of CCYT's first Firelands production, The Pied Piper. His experience with the various theatre's has given him 40+ acting credits to date. David has also performed at Cedar Point on the week-ends in the Fall; playing diverse roles including the insane narrator of Edgar Allen Poe's The Tell Tale Heart.
OPEN AUDITIONS for the new QUEEN musical
WE WILL ROCK YOU
Tuesday, September 17, 7:00 pm
Huron, Ohio – BGSU Firelands College Theatre, partnering with Caryl Crane Youth Theatre, is holding open auditions for its upcoming production of WE WILL ROCK YOU, September 17, 2019, in the McBride Auditorium at BGSU Firelands College, beginning at 7 pm. WE WILL ROCK YOU will be presented at BGSU Firelands College, October 24 26, 2019.
Seeking singers, dancers and actors ages 13+ for the production!
Great roles available for actors, singers and dancers, ages 13 and up. No experience necessary! To participate in WE WILL ROCK YOU, you must be age 13 or above by October 15, 2019. Rehearsals will be held weekday evenings between 6 pm–9 pm beginning September 23. No weekend rehearsals.
For complete audition details, visit: www.firelands.bgsu.edu/ccyt or find Caryl Crane Youth Theatre on Facebook.
AT A GLANCE
What: Caryl Crane Youth Theatre and FCT hosts OPEN AUDITIONS for WE WILL ROCK YOU
When: September 17 at 7:00 pm
Where: McBride Auditorium BGSU Firelands College, One University Drive, Huron, OH 44839
How: Audition instructions can be found on the Caryl Crane Youth Theatre Facebook Page, the facebook event “Auditions
For We Will Rock You” or at www.firelands.bgsu.edu/ccyt
Questions: Email email@example.com or call 419-372-0732