Caryl Crane Youth Theatre exists to create revolutionary theatre experiences, and advance theatre as a means of educating, challenging and inspiring the youth in our community.
EACH YEAR AT CCYT
- Over 5,000 people attend Caryl Crane Youth Theatre’s productions at BGSU Firelands.
- More than 500 students learn about theatre and themselves through participating in over 30 performance opportunities provided during each school-year season.
- Twenty-plus area youth develop leadership skills through active participation on the CCYT Teen Board. These youth, representing 17 area schools produce one production each semester as well as engage themselves in community outreach to bring live theatre to all in our area.
- 250 students, ages 6-18, participate in more than 50 classroom hours of theatrical training workshops.
- CCYT has introduced theatre and the arts at no cost to over 750 underserved community children through our community outreach program, “Set the Stage!"
Caryl Crane Youth Theatre (CCYT) enriches our community, educates, challenges and inspires youth through theatre to foster a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
We are leaders in engaging our community in the power of theatre to enrich and transform the lives of young people through:
- Theatrical production
- Community Outreach
- Theatre should be accessible to anyone regardless of age, race, education or financial background.
- Theatre should spark the imagination of everyone involved, whether participant or patron.
- The development & growth of leadership skills in our youth is the key responsibility of Caryl Crane Youth Theatre.
- Theatre must encourage the power of creative and critical thinking.
- Our youth must be valued and provided with the tools to realize their artistic vision.
The CCYT Advisory Board consists of appointed parents and supporters of the CCYT program. The group meets monthly September through June. The terms are for three years, by election, and members can be re-elected to a second term upon completion of a first term. The purpose of the Advisory will be to provide guidance and recommendations to assist in further developing the CCYT program. Feel free to contact any of the following members for more information.
Brian Marshall, Artistic Director
Dr. Lillian Shaffer, President
Karen Koba, Vice President
Mary Beth Henning, Secretary
Jolene Buhrer, Chair, Humanities, BGSU Firelands
Pat Bignoli, Trustee
Jennifer Dials, Trustee
Lisa Parkison, Trustee
Bethany Parnell, Trustee
Amy Roldan, Trustee
Jaymee Skelly, Trustee
Tina Tamburrino, Trustee
Timothy Walsh, Trustee
Margaret Phares, Past President
Colleen Murray, Special Event Consultant
Original Members - Initiated On April 24, 2001
Dr. Robert DeBard - 330 Education Building, BGSU, Bowling Green, Ohio 43043
The Caryl Crane Youth Theatre seeks self-motivated individuals interested in volunteering their time and talents to this growing artistic organization as a member of the CCYT Advisory Board. If interested, please contact Artistic Director Brian Marshall at 419.372.0732 (or) firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR FULL-TIME COLLEGE CREDIT STUDENTS ONLY
CARYL CRANE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
This award is available to full-time students who reside in Erie , Huron, or Ottawa counties and who are actively involved and enrolled in theatre arts classes. Students may receive this scholarship more than once, but no more than twice. The award is $500.00 and interested students should complete a special application form that is available from the Office of Enrollment Services in the West Building . Applications must be received by September 15 th of each year.
HARLEQUINS FOUNDERS' THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP
Provided by the Harlequins Community Theatre of Sandusky, this $500.00 award is available to an outstanding and deserving student who is a theatre major or minor, or communications major. Applicants must be of sophomore standing or above and should complete an application form that is available from the Office of Enrollment Services in the West Building.
What We Can Offer
We are extremely pleased to have such distinguished scholarship contributors as the late Miss Caryl Crane, her brother Hyman Shiff, and the Harlequins Community Theatre of Sandusky. Their support means we at Firelands College can continue to offer students financial assistance as they pursue their college dream. Thank you!
Should you be at that point in your educational career where you are beginning to think of where you would like to attend college to study the performing arts, why not consider beginning here at BGSU Firelands College ? We have an active ( three or four productions per year), quality theatre program and are a nice place to be!
Our highly qualified teaching faculty have a combined college/university teaching experience of over 100 years; have directed and designed hundreds of comedies, dramas, and musicals in educational, summer stock, civic, pageant, and community theatre venues around the country! We know theatre! Come join us!