Application FAQ

An official transcript is a transcript sent directly from the issuing institution.  If it is a paper copy, an official transcript must be printed on security-sensitive paper in an unopened envelope.  If it is an electronic copy, it must be a PDF secured by a digital certificate.  

Admission documents can include high school, college, and university transcripts, GED diplomas, and student conduct forms.  Most commonly, we receive electronic transcripts via Parchment, eScript-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse and Articulation and Transfer Clearinghouse. We are willing to access electronic transcripts through any other secure sites hosted by the sending institution. College officials are welcome to send links to secure site delivery to   

If you need to mail admission documents, please send them to:

Office of Admissions and Financial Aid

BGSU Firelands

103 Foundation Hall

One University Drive

Huron, OH 44839

If you earned AP credit by successfully completing the AP final examination, college credit may be awarded based on the score you earned.  Please see the BGSU Undergraduate Catalog for information on how credit is awarded.  Official AP scores must be sent to the BGSU Office of Registration and Records.

If you earned college credit while enrolled in high school through College Credit Plus or similar programs, you must submit an official transcript from the college or university that awarded the college credit.  BGSU will not accept college credit reported on an official high school transcript.  Your college transcript should be sent to:

Office of Admissions and Financial Aid

BGSU Firelands

103 Foundation Hall

One University Drive

Huron, OH 44839

You can check your application status by logging into your online application here. Please use the username and password you created when filling out your application.  If you have additional questions about your application status, please call the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at (419) 372-0607.

You can pay your application fee by logging into your online application here

Students are encouraged to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using BGSU's FAFSA School Code: 003018.  Please visit Financial Aid for information on financial aid and student employment.  Our Scholarships page is also a valuable source of information for students.

Specific questions about financial aid should be directed to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at (419) 372-0607.




Students who earned a diploma from an Ohio high school and move back to Ohio to pursue a degree at BGSU are considered Ohio residents through the Forever Buckeyes program. All other students must establish residency in Ohio for twelve (12) consecutive months before being considered an Ohio resident. It is the student’s responsibility to indicate the proper state of residence at the time of registration. Information on Ohio residency requirements can be found online through the Office of Registration and Record. In some cases, the Residence Status Review Committee may request additional information as part of their official review.

Questions should be directed to:

Office of Registration and Records

110 Administration Building

Bolwing Green State University

Bowling Green, OH 43403

Phone: 419.372.8404

Congratulations and welcome to the Falcon Family!  Once you receive your Certificate of Admission, you should immediately activate your MyBGSU account to begin the next steps in the enrollment process, including applying for financial aid, and registering for Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR).  Please visit Admitted Next Steps for more information.   


Helpful BGSU Firelands Contacts

Academic & Career Counseling


Accessibility Services


Student Accounts


Technology Support Services




Financial Aid


Registration & Records


Updated: 02/01/2019 04:35PM