Study and Success Skills
Here are some tips for becoming a successful college student:
- Come to class regularly, arrive on time, and sit toward the front of the classroom
- Read over the syllabus (link to Finding Your Syllabus page)
- Read the assigned reading and actively participate in class discussion
- Visit professors during office hours (link to Communicating with Faculty)
- Complete all assigned work on time
- Ask for help more than a day before a test or an assignment due date
- Use free tutoring services at the Teaching and Learning Center and the Writing Lab.
- Learn how to study!
Click below for more information on learning how to study as a college student:
Updated: 04/22/2022 12:27PM