BBGSU Firelands provides the gateway into careers in nursing through partnerships with Lorain County Community College, Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing and BGSU’s eCampus. Earn your associate degree and your bachelor of science in nursing conveniently, affordably and close to home.
Earning your associate degree
Students interested in a career in nursing can utilize one of two academic pathways BGSU Firelands maintains with regional partners: an embedded cohort-based model to earn an associate degree in nursing from Lorain County Community College, or an affiliate partnership to earn a diploma in nursing from Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing and a non-nursing associate degree from BGSU Firelands.
About the Lorain County Community College (LCCC) pathway:
- All coursework is completed at the BGSU Firelands campus in Huron, Ohio.
- Students complete nursing support courses through BGSU Firelands, preparing them for admission to LCCC’s associate degree in nursing program.
- Students admitted to the LCCC nursing program enroll in LCCC courses taught by LCCC faculty at BGSU Firelands.
- Graduates earn an associate degree in nursing from LCCC and are eligible to sit for RN licensure.
About the Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing (FRMCSN) pathway:
- Coursework is completed at BGSU Firelands in Huron and FRMCSN in Sandusky, Ohio.
- Students complete support courses through BGSU Firelands, before or after admission to FRMCSN’s nursing diploma program.
- Students admitted to FRMCSN’s nursing diploma program enroll in FRMCSN courses taught by FRMCSN faculty in Sandusky.
- Students who complete the nursing diploma program from FRMCSN are eligible to sit for RN licensure and transfer articulated FRMC coursework toward a non-nursing associate degree from BGSU Firelands.
- FRMCSN additionally offers an LPN to RN pathway in collaboration with BGSU Firelands.
Completing your study with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Students completing either pathway are eligible to enroll in BGSU’s RN to BSN program, an entirely online degree completion program offered via BGSU’s eCampus. Students transitioning from the FRMCSN or LCCC pathways are provided credit towards the BGSU bachelor of science in nursing degree.
Updated: 07/01/2021 10:56AM