BGSU Firelands offers a variety of options for anyone wishing to obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse. BGSU Firelands serves as the liaison between a range of programs and partnerships designed to provide nursing students with flexible and professional degree programs.
Associate Degree Nursing Programs (in collaboration with Lorain County Community College)*
- Allows students who wish to remain local to complete all required coursework.
- Local hospitals are utilized for the clinical experiences, and Lorain County Community College awards the degree.
- Advising is available in the Firelands College Office of Nursing. Contact Ellen Naderer by e-mail or at 419.372.0668
ACCESS To Nursing Program*
- Designed for the LPN wishing to obtain Registered Nurse licensure,
- Program is in cooperation with Lorain County Community College
- LPN's earn advance status, and LCCC awards the Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Contact Ellen Naderer by e-mail or at (419) 433-5560 ext. 20668
BSN Degree Program
- BGSU offers the BSN for students entering the nursing profession
- The first two years of support courses are offered on the BGSU Firelands campus
- Admission to the degree program is competitive and all nursing courses are taught at the University of Toledo College of Nursing
- Advising is available by contacting the College of Health & Human Services by email or 419-372-8242.
RN To BSN Degree Program
- For the RN who wishes to obtain a Bachelor's Degree
- RN students complete any required additional support courses
- Upon admission to the program, students will complete a course of study which is entirely online.
- Designed to make it possible for the working RN to obtain a Bachelor's Degree regardless of work schedule.
- Degree is awarded from the College of Health and Human Services at Bowling Green State University
- Additional information about the RN to BSN Program can be found at https://www.bgsu.edu/rntobsn
*While support courses are held in collaboration with BGSU Firelands, the degree awarded for any one these programs shall be that of Lorain County Community College.
Ms. Ellen Naderer
Position: Nursing Program Coordinator/Nursing Advisor
Address: 225 George Mylander Hall
Shelly Bussard, Ph.D., RN, ACNS-BC, CNE
Position: Instructor / Director RN to BSN Program