Want to be a Tutor?
We are always looking for good tutors in all subjects. If you have gotten a "B" or better in any class and can get a recommendation from that instructor, we need you. You can come into the Tutoring & Learning Center, and see the secretary or receptionist for assistance.
Rules for Tutors
The Staff Must:
- Have respect for and interest in diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Recognize individual learning styles.
- Believe in the abilities and potentials of all students.
- View learning as an active process.
- Stress the development of study strategies.
The Tutor Must:
- Ask appropriate questions.
- Provide corrective feedback.
- Establish rapport that supports learning.
- Research sources of information.
- Recognize feelings.
- Adapt methods to individual learning styles.
- Be aware of professional services available to students.
- Keep records.
- Uphold policies of confidentiality and academic honesty.