Firelands College Theatre
Did you know there was a theatre on the BGSU Firelands campus? There is! McBride Auditorium in the North Building is open and waiting for you!
Whether you are interested in performing or prefer to remain out of the spotlight, the Firelands College Theatre program at BGSU Firelands offers numerous ways for people to get involved both on and off stage. There are a variety of theatre courses such as, The Theatre Experience, Acting Principles, Exploring Cultural Diversity Through Performance, Basic Scenic Construction and Painting, Lighting and Sound, Performance Studies, and Directing. Students also have the opportunity to earn credit by performing in productions as well as working in the scene shop or on a stage crew. Whatever your passion, there is something just right for you!
About the program:
- BGSU Firelands is the only Ohio regional, branch campus of a university with a Guest Artist Program and a Resident Youth Theatre Program – Caryl Crane Youth Theatre.
- Between Firelands College Theatre and Caryl Crane Youth Theatre, we produce several major productions each year. Students play an integral role in every aspect of production.
- Firelands College Theatre welcomes high school students through the PSEOP program, and non-traditional students to theatre courses and stage productions.
- You can complete 2 years of your Theatre major/minor at BGSU Firelands, and several of our courses fulfill BG Perspective requirements.
- Through a unique partnership with the Sandusky State Theatre and Terra State Community College, BGSU Firelands theatre students have the opportunity to earn credit while participating in productions at the State Theatre.
- Our scene shop is open Monday-Friday from 1 – 5 pm. Stop by and see students at work.
- Join the Student Theatre Guild and get to know other theatre students.
Open Auditions for MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS
A BGSU Firelands College Theatre and Caryl Crane Youth Theatre production
Bowling Green State University Firelands College Theatre and Caryl Crane Youth Theatre are joining together to present the classic musical “Meet Me In St. Louis,” April 21-24, 2016.
This collaborative production is part of the BGSU Firelands 50th anniversary celebration and participation in the production is open to youth, current students, BGSU and CCYT alumni, and community members. Open auditions for “ Meet Me In St. Louis” will take place on February 1 and 3, 2016, from 6-8:30 p.m. in the McBride Auditorium at BGSU Firelands.
“Meet Me In St. Louis” takes place in the year leading up to the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair and hinges on the possibility that banker Alonzo Smith, might uproot his family to New York, scuttling his daughter Esther’s romance with boy-next-door John Truett and causing similar emotional trauma for the rest of the household.
The story was made famous in the 1944 MGM musical of the same name starring Judy Garland. Adapted for the stage in 1990, “ Meet Me In St. Louis” includes “Skip To My Lou,” “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas,” “The Boy Next Door,” and “The Trolley Song.”
Seeking all ages and types for “Meet Me In St. Louis.” Great roles available for actors, singers and dancers, ages 6 and up. The production has three separate ensemble age groups: 6-12, 13-19 and 20+. No experience necessary.
To participate in “Meet Me In St. Louis,” you must be age 6 or above by the first rehearsal on March 14, 2016. Rehearsals will be weekday evenings between 5 pm – 9 pm, and select Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons in April.
AT A GLANCE
What: Open Auditions for “ Meet Me In St. Louis”
When: Monday, February 1 and Wednesday, February 3, from 6 pm – 8:30 pm
Seeking: All roles available. See website for age specifications and requirements
Where: McBride Auditorium
BGSU Firelands campus, Huron, OH
Info: Call 419.372.0732, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit: http://www.firelands.bgsu.edu/ccyt