Firelands College Theatre
Tired of Waiting in the Wings?...
If you're tired of waiting in the wings for a chance to be a part of a creative ensemble, or you want to be more than just a face in the crowd, then you've come to the right place! BGSU Firelands can get you started on the road to your dreams. On-stage or backstage, you'll be able to see your creativity blossom in a program dedicated to excellence. So take your time, look around, and when you're done, give us a call, or send us an e-mail!
Did you know?
- BGSU Firelands Theatre welcomes high school students to theatre courses and the production program.s
- Firelands College is the only Ohio regional, branch campus of a university with a Guest Artist Program and a Resident Youth Theatre Program!
- Firelands College Theatre welcomes high school and non-traditional students to theatre courses and the production program!
- We offer four major productions every year! Students play an integral part in every aspect of production!
- You don't have to "just stand in the wings!" You can work on your acting skills in class and on the stage!
- Firelands students have golden opportunities to shine on-stage!
- You can complete 2 years of your Theatre major/minor or Communications major at Firelands College!
- Firelands College Theatre and Caryl Crane Youth Theatre programs are open to volunteers on crews, shop/construction work, or acting on the stage!
Audition, sign up to work a crew, or join us as a member of the Speech Activities Organization-Theatre! (SAO-T)
Grechen Lynne Wingerter
Grechen is the Instructor of Theatre here at Bowling Green State University Firelands College. Prior to arriving at BGSU Firelands, she was an adjunct instructor/guest director at Lycoming College in Williamsport, PA, where she directed Charley’s Aunt, A Doll’s House, The Voice of the Prairie, Brighton Beach Memoirs, Wonder of the World, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Independence. Grechen has directed and stage managed for such theatres as Moscow Art Theatre (Too), Idaho Repertory Theatre, Idaho Shakespeare Festival, Idaho Theatre for Youth, Illinois Shakespeare Festival, First Stage Milwaukee, Lifeline Theatre, Circle X Theatre Company, and Critical Mass Performance Group. Grechen was a recipient of a 2009 Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival National Teaching Artist Grant, a 2008 KC/ACTF National Faculty Director Mentor, and a 2007 SDC Student Director Fellowship. Grechen received her MFA in Directing from the University of Idaho in 2007 where she directedFuddy Meers, Waiting for Godot, and Three Days of Rain.