Firelands College Theatre
Did you know there was a theatre on the BGSU Firelands campus? There is! McBride Auditorium in the North Building is open and waiting for you!
Whether you are interested in performing or prefer to remain out of the spotlight, the Firelands College Theatre program at BGSU Firelands offers numerous ways for people to get involved both on and off stage. There are a variety of theatre courses such as, The Theatre Experience, Acting Principles, Exploring Cultural Diversity Through Performance, Basic Scenic Construction and Painting, Lighting and Sound, Performance Studies, and Directing. Students also have the opportunity to earn credit by performing in productions as well as working in the scene shop or on a stage crew. Whatever your passion, there is something just right for you!
About the program:
- BGSU Firelands is the only Ohio regional, branch campus of a university with a Guest Artist Program and a Resident Youth Theatre Program – Caryl Crane Youth Theatre.
- Between Firelands College Theatre and Caryl Crane Youth Theatre, we produce several major productions each year. Students play an integral role in every aspect of production.
- Firelands College Theatre welcomes high school students through the PSEOP program, and non-traditional students to theatre courses and stage productions.
- You can complete 2 years of your Theatre major/minor at BGSU Firelands, and several of our courses fulfill BG Perspective requirements.
- Through a unique partnership with the Sandusky State Theatre and Terra State Community College, BGSU Firelands theatre students have the opportunity to earn credit while participating in productions at the State Theatre.
- Our scene shop is open Monday-Friday from 1 – 5 pm. Stop by and see students at work.
- Join the Student Theatre Guild and get to know other theatre students.