Caryl Crane Youth Theatre
Teaching Philosophy and Goals
Caryl Crane Youth Theatre exists to create revolutionary theatre experiences, and advances theatre as a means of educating, challenging and inspiring the youth in our community. Caryl Crane Youth Theatre is open to all youth interested in theatre classes, projects, productions and events! CCYT is great place to grow!
Caryl Crane Youth Theatre (CCYT) enriches our community, educates, challenges and inspires youth through theatre to foster a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
We are leaders in engaging our community in the power of theatre to enrich and transform the lives of young people through:
- Theatrical production
- Community Outreach
- Theatre should be accessible to anyone regardless of age, race, education or financial background.
- Theatre should spark the imagination of everyone involved, whether participant or patron.
- The development & growth of leadership skills in our youth is the key responsibility of Caryl Crane Youth Theatre.
- Theatre must encourage the power of creative and critical thinking.
- Our youth must be valued and provided with the tools to realize their artistic vision.
Becoming a part of a CCYT performance is an experience you will never forget.
- You will be directed by experienced theatre professionals; make a lifetime of fond memories and have an opportunity to meet new friends.
- Over 1750 students have participated in our workshops.
- Over 1,000 students and adults have appeared on our stage.
- Our casts average around 36 members, from ages 8 to adult, many on stage for the first time.
- CCYT productions include both musical and non-musical opportunities.
The CCYT Advisory Board consists of appointed parents and supporters of the CCYT program. The group meets monthly September through June. The terms are for three years, by election, and members can be re-elected to a second term upon completion of a first term. The purpose of the Advisory will be to provide guidance and recommendations to assist in further developing the CCYT program. Feel free to contact any of the following members for more information.
Margaret Phares, President
Dr. Lillian Shaffer, Vice-President
Karen Koba, Secretary
Dr. Kate Dailey, Chair, Humanities
Brian Marshall, Artistic Director
Bob Shiff, Honorary Member
Colleen Murray, Past President
Morgan Phares, Teen Board President
|Original Members - Initiated On April 24, 2001|
|Dr. Robert DeBard - 330 Education Building, BGSU, Bowling Green, Ohio 43043
Mrs. Karen Grodzicki - 1204 Wickford Place, Huron, Ohio 44839
Mrs. Nancy Kinsel - 2103 Jeanette Drive, Sandusky, Ohio 44870
Mr. Charles McVeagh - 401 Southampton Ct., Huron, Ohio 44839
Mr. George Muehlhauser - 1008 Beachside Lane, Huron, Ohio 44839
Mrs. Iva Pfeil - 5416 S. Columbus Ave., Sandusky, Ohio 44870
Mr. Don Schlett - 1213 Marlboro Street, Sandusky, Ohio 44870
Dr. Ronald M. Ruble - 729 Taylor Avenue, Huron, Ohio 44839
The Caryl Crane Youth Theatre seeks self-motivated individuals interested in volunteering their time and talents to this growing artistic organization as a member of the CCYT Advisory Board. If interested, please contact Artistic Director Brian Marshall at 419.372.0732 (or) firstname.lastname@example.org