Registration & Records
The Office of Registration and Records is responsible for each
student's class registration and is the official source of information
for the academic record.
Finish Your Degree. On Campus or Online.
Finish Your Undergrad Degree at BGSU Firelands
If you started your degree at BGSU Firelands and did not finish for one reason or another, we have good news! We are inviting you back to Finish your Degree.
ON CAMPUS. If you are able to come to campus, we can help you find the degree that is right for you and help you finish what you started.
ONLINE. BGSU Firelands has several high quality bachelor degree and one associate degree program ONLINE that you can complete without disrupting your personal and professional commitments.
If you are a male student and an Ohio resident who will be 18 years of age on or before the first official day of the term, state law requires you to register with the Selective Service in order to be considered as in-state residents for fee purposes. Failure to comply with this requirement results in an additional fee assessment equivalent to the out-of-state surcharge until you have complied with the Selective Service registration requirement. If you have not yet registered with the Selective Service you may do so on the Internet at the following address: http://www.sss.gov/
BGSU Firelands offers several enrollment options:
• Students interested in applying for formal admission should stop by the Office of Admission, Room 103 of Foundation Hall or call (419) 433-5560 OR (800) 322-4787 for an application and answers to any questions relative to the application process.
Guest students are not eligible to receive financial aid from this institution. However, if you are attending another college and are receiving aid at that institution, you may be eligible to receive aid from that institution while attending classes here. Please see your home institution's financial aid office for further details.
• Guest students may attempt no more than 16 credit hours of course work under this classification.
• Guest students may register for undergraduate courses only and are required to apply for this enrollment status each term.
• Guest student enrollment is not to be used by students who have been denied or refused formal admission to the University. Such a student must contact the Office of Admission to receive permission to register as a guest student. A guest student's registration will be withdrawn if it is discovered subsequently.
• Applications to enroll as a guest student may be obtained from the Office of Registration, Room 135 of the West Building or by clicking here.
• There is no application fee for guest students.
• Guest degree holders are not limited to the number of courses which may be taken at the University, but may register for undergraduate courses only.
• To enroll as a guest degree holder, BGSU requires official confirmation from the appropriate institution of the highest degree received.
• Applications to enroll as a guest degree holder may be obtained from the Office of Registration, Room 135 of the West Building.
• There is no application fee for guest degree holders.
• Students are not limited to the number of graduate or undergraduate courses which may be taken at the University. However, for those students enrolling in graduate classes, only nine graduate hours will transfer to a graduate degree program.
• Graduate non-degree students enrolling in graduate level classes (500 level course numbers and above) will be charged graduate fees. If a student enrolls in undergraduate level classes (400 level course numbers and below) they will be charged undergraduate fees as long as they enroll in 10 or fewer hours. Graduate fees will be charged to graduate non-degree students who enroll for 11 or more undergraduate hours. Students who enroll in a combination of graduate and undergraduate classes will be charged a combination of graduate and undergraduate fees.
• Applications to enroll as a graduate non-degree student may be obtained from the Office of Registration on main campus in Room 110 Administration Building or by clicking here.
• There is no application fee for graduate non-degree student status.
BGSU Firelands 2014 Summer Sessions Dates
** Registration for Summer 2014 begins Monday February 17 **
BGSU Firelands Summer Sessions 2014: May 12 - August 8
3 Week Fast Track Session (05/12/14 - 05/30/14)
5 Week First Session (06/02/14 - 07/04/14)
5 Week Second Session (07/07/14 – 08/08/14)
8 Week Summer Session (06/16/14 – 08/08/14)
*Note: Not all classes meet during these dates. Please read schedule for specific class dates.
The Board of Trustees reserves the right to make adjustments in fees or charges when deemed necessary.
NOTE: These fees are applicable only to Certificate
Programs and Associate Degree Programs, as well as to the following
list of Baccalaureate Degrees which are offered at BGSU Firelands.
While students may take all the courses required for these degrees
from BGSU Firelands, the final degree is conferred upon graduation
by a College on the BGSU Campus.
|Undergraduate Firelands Campus|
|Credit hours||Instructional Fee||General Fee||Total Fees Ohio Resident||Non Resident Fee||Total Fees Non Resident|
The following Four Year programs at Firelands are also billed at the undergraduate Firelands rate:
Bachelor of Liberal Studies
Bachelor of Science in:
- Applied Health Science, Allied Health Track
- Applied Health Science, Respiratory Care Specialization
- Business Administration, General Business/Individualized Business
- Criminal Justice
- Education, Early Childhood Education
- Nursing (RN/BSN Completion of Program in consortium with University of Toledo Health Science Campus)
- Social Work
- Technology, Visual Communication Technology
Please note that only one registration fee is charged per term regardless of the hours you are registered.